Monday, August 31, 2009

Men seeking Venusian

What more can I say that the title didn't? First and foremost I dedicate this blog to a friend. That friend knows who they are. I was inspired to finally write down what I've been thinking since puberty.
To start this off I wanna go back to 1992. Remember how simple it was to ask a girl out? I used to write a note on filler paper and pass it to her desk. She usually had only three choices; yes, no, or maybe. If you didn't get yes checked out, you didn't feel stupid, you tried again the next week. Now let's fast forward to 2009. I know it's supposed to be a little more complicated since we are adults now, but come on ladies. Most guys with any sense would start out by picking out the right outfit for the night. An ensemble that says hey here I am, I wore this just for you. Not too much cologne, and the right hair-do. 
That's phase 1, the hard part is yet to come. Phase 2, getting the nerves to actually go up to her. So now what are the choices? Shouldn't they be yes, no, or maybe? Yes, but actually they are martini, cherry vodka sour, or "Thanks for getting all dressed up and building the nerves up to come talk to me, but go away!" I watched the movie "Hitch" the other night and wonder if getting women out of their way is possible. I mean when is the last time you didn't hear a girl say that she has been hurt and wants to be careful? We have been hurt too, and we want to be careful also, but we don't lock ourselves in and wait for Prince Charming to come climb a mountain, slay the dragon and ride us off into the sunset. Am I being dramatic.....NO! I've seen it and heard it a million times. All I'm saying is that there are some great guys out there, I happen to know a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment